Generating Hope's Board of Directors is composed of diverse, community-wide representatives who have dedicated themselves to addressing and resolving problems of chronic homelessness by establishing a centrally-located center in Yakima County's central valley on the Yakama Reservation to meet basic needs and provide opportunities for rehabilitation.
In 2012, United Way of Central Washington honored Generating Hope with a Community Impact award that recognized its many contributions to Yakima Valley region. These included:
- Noah's Ark (Shelter and Drop-In Center)
- Hands of Hope (A shelter for women and children located in Yakima, WA)
- Contributions to Wapato's Youth programs that included:
- Wapato Youth League providing support to many sports and participation by youth from throughout the region.
- Missoula Children's Theater offering an annual play in the late fall which involves youth from throughout the region.